25,00€ IVA INCLUSA
Typical blend according to the regulations of the Consorzio Chianti Classico for vintages prior to 2006: 70% Sangiovese, 10% Canaiolo, 10% Malvasia, 10% Trebbiano
1000 in stock
Typical blend according to the regulations of the Consorzio Chianti Classico for vintages prior to 2006: 70% Sangiovese, 10% Canaiolo, 10% Malvasia, 10% Trebbiano.
For vintages after 2006, new regulations governing the blend come into effect:
80% Sangiovese, the remaining 20% is composed of local varieties – Canaiolo, Colorino, Ciliegolo, Malvasia Nero.
Because of its particular blend, the wine lends itself to aging. In fact, the Az. Agriocola Verdimonti Chianti Classico Riserva is aged approximately 50-60 months in chestnut barrels, then finished in the bottle for approximately 6-12 months.
Colour: Intense ruby with undercurrents of onion skin.
Bouquet: Cooked fruit, caramel, vanilla, leather, strawberry, cherry, paper.
The wine is well structured and warm in the mouth, balanced with fine-grained, soft yet persistent tannins. Woody with undercurrents of liquorice and vanilla.
Food and wine pairing:
Pasta and rice dishes w hearty sauce,
medium-aged cheeses, white meats,
game, steak, grilled meats
Alcohol content: 13,5 – 14%
Reduced sugars: 2.20 g/l
Total dry extract: 32,3 g/l
Total acidity: 6.5 g/L (Tartaric acid)
Volatile acidity: 0.91 g/L (Acetic acid)
Free sulphur dioxide: 3 mg/l
Total sulphur dioxide: 71 mg/l.